|Over 200 local residents at Sadiq's community coffee morning|
|Monday, 28 May 2012 17:05|
Over 200 people turned out for a very sunny and successful coffee morning on Upper Tooting Road on Friday 25th May.
The event was kindly hosted by Mushkil Aasaan, and brought together 20 local and national organisations in a one-stop shop to provide information on a wide range of services and advice, particularly relevant to older residents in the area.
From health advice to legal advice to free smoke alarms, with some tea and biscuits in between, the event was a huge success with hundreds of residents benefiting from the expert advice and support provided by the guest organisations.
Attendees also met the new Mayor of Wandsworth, Councillor Adrian Knowles, only 8 days into his Mayorship, and Councillor Leonie Cooper, Councillor John Farebrother, Councillor Rex Osborn and Councillor James Daley were on hand to discuss local concerns.
A big thank you to the following organisations who were presenting on the day:
• Mushkil Aasaan, who were wonderful hosts
• Age Concern Wandsworth
• Alzheimer’s Society
• Carillion Energy Services
• Dr Tom Coffey, local GP
• Furzedown Project
• London Fire Brigade
• MacMillan Cancer Support
• National Council for Palliative Care
• South West London Law Centre
• St George’s Community Health Team
• Viridian Housing Domestic Violence Advisor
• Rethink Mental Illness
• Wandsworth Active Lifestyles
• Wandsworth Citizen’s Advice Bureau
• Wandsworth Council Home Improvement Agency
• Wandsworth Community Safety
• Wandsworth Council WATCH Lifeline
• Wandsworth Older People’s Forum
Promoted by Tooting Labour Party on behalf Sadiq Khan and Tooting Labour Party, all of 273 Balham High Road, London, SW17 7BD. Hosted by 34SP.com, 349 Bury Old Road, Manchester, M25 1PY.